Ingredients (4 people)
• 2 whole Branzino (cleaned and scaled)
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1 small bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Parchment paper, kitchen string
• Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
• Rinse the Branzino under cold running water and pat them dry with paper towels.
• In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped parsley, and thyme.
• Cut two large pieces of parchment paper and fold each piece in half. Place a Branzino on one half of each parchment paper.
• Season the Branzino inside and out with salt and black pepper. Stuff the cavities of each fish with some of the herb mixture and lemon slices.
• Drizzle each fish with a generous amount of extra-virgin olive oil.
• Fold the other half of the parchment paper over the fish and crimp the edges tightly to create a sealed packet. Tie the packet with kitchen string to keep it closed.
• Place the Branzino packets on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
• Remove the Branzino from the oven and carefully cut open the packets. Serve the fish hot, garnished with additional lemon slices and fresh herbs.
Pair this dish with crisp and aromatic white wines that will complement branzino’s meaty and savory taste profile!